After a brief boat trip across the Shuswap River, campers take a short walk up a forest path and arrive at the seven acres of MacKenzie Camp property. The forest opens into a large grassy field surrounded by cabins, a large Craft Hall, the Alice Large Hall, the old dining hall, and the wash house. MacKenzie Camp is a mix of rustic cabins and new dorm rooms. Campers will sleep in the seven cabins or in the dorm rooms, depending on the camp and its organization. Rental group and Adult Retreat Groups may also choose to sleep in the cabins, dorms, or both.
Activities include: canoeing, kayaking, out tripping, swimming, climbing wall, low ropes, archery, arts and crafts, campfire, reflection, and celebrations.
Read our 2023 Rental Rates and Policies.
Buildings & Areas include:
- Alice Large Lodge – dining room seats 99; dormitory sleeps 48; 2 washrooms each with 2 showers
- Henry Peter’s Cabin – has electric light and heat (sleeps 10)
- six rustic sleeping cabins accommodate 48 people (no hydro)
- washhouse – 4 flush toilets, 4 showers, laundry and 4 additional outside sinks
- outdoor chapel – a quiet circle in the woods
- campfire area
- waterfront complete with sandy beach
- 13 canoes and 17 kayaks, PFDs and paddles
- climbing wall and S-XL climbing-wall harnesses
- low ropes course
- archery range, compound bows and graphite target arrows
- craft hall – great for rainy day activities
- director’s cabin (sleeps 3)
- first aid cabin (sleeps 1)
- gast haus – heated (sleeps 2)
- 3 outdoor toilets
- kitchen – the commercial kitchen is equipped to provide meals for 99 people. It has 3 stoves and a walk in cooler
- oxygen, spine board, and OFA level 3 First Aid Kit
Outdoor Education Program Leaders, please click here for rental information.
Other parties, please click here for rental information.
For information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on social media to stay updated!