Our donors regularly make it possible for 80-90 children and youth to go to summer camp. Thank you! What a difference that made to each of their lives! Other things that donations help us with are:
- leadership training costs
- upgrades to the water system, buildings, canoe platform, and “bridge”
- fly fishing and other sports equipment
Every little bit helps! But we extend special thanks to four major community donors:
For three years running, Dulux Paints of Vernon, B.C. made MacKenzie Camp a recipient of its Colourful Communities Program. MacKenzie has received nothing short of a “total makeover” thanks to the equipment, supplies, and professional painters they have provided. Thank You, Dulux Paints!
Mountain View Electric of Enderby, BC has befriended MacKenzie Camp by donating the net cost of our water filters. This makes a world of difference to an organization that draws its water right out of the Shuswap River. Thank You, Mountain View!
In February 2019, the 100 Men Who Give a Damn in Vernon, BC chose MacKenzie Camp as the recipient of their quarterly donation – $9,900! It helped us put a new roof on Alice Large Lodge – just in time for a very snowy winter. Thank you, 100 Men!
Every Friday in July and August Cobs Bread, Vernon donates two BIG containers of bread to MacKenzie Camp. Cobs only sells fresh bread to customers, so organizations like ours get the benefit of still-delicious day-old breads, buns, scones, Danishes – you name it. It tastes great, and saves Camp a bundle! Thank you, Cobs Bread!
The United Church of Canada Foundation has made a donation to the camp of nearly $500. The Foundation’s extensive granting and award
program supports new initiatives, ministries, and programs that enrich the church.
Donations are often made in memory of persons who supported MacKenzie Camp in their lifetimes. Here are just a few of them: Doug Main and Art Powell of Enderby; Joanna Lazarotto of Salmon Arm; Marilyn Hudson and Al Johnston of Armstrong; and Marilyn Pullan of Winfield. Thank you for continuing to think of us!
Here are four ways to donate:
- e-Transfer: log-in to your bank or credit union account and click on the Interac® e-Transfer option. You will need to provide our email (firstname.lastname@example.org), some information about yourself and your account, and a question for us to answer.
- Cheque: please make out the payment to MacKenzie Camp Society and mail it us at PO Box 133, Armstrong, BC V0E 1B0.
- Gift Certificate: Want to put a smile on someone’s face in the summer? Download a MacKenzie Campership Gift Form.
- Phone: give us a call at 250-838-6293. We’ll figure out a way for you to make your donation conveniently and securely.
Follow us on social media to stay updated!