MacKenzie’s 2024 Summer Camp Schedule!
There are 9 camps coming up for 2024, for kids and youth aged 7 through 17. ALL CAMPS at MacKenzie are open to every gender and offer a great range of activities: canoeing on Mabel Lake, climbing wall, archery, low-ropes challenge course, crafts, wide games, hiking, and swimming. Come form friendships that will last a lifetime!
- July 1-5: Leadership Training Camp (14-17 years)
- July 8-12: Intermediate Camp (10-13 years)
- July 15-19: Junior-Intermediate Camp 1 (7-13 years)
- July 22-26: Junior-Intermediate Camp 2 (7-13 years)
- July 22-26: Fly Fishing Camp (7-13 years)
- July 29-August 2: Junior-Intermediate Camp 3 (7-13 years)
- July 29-August 2: Performing & Visual Arts Camp (PAVA) (7-13 years)
- August 6-9: Junior-Intermediate Camp 4 (7-13 years)
- August 12-16: Teen Camp (13-16 years)
For more details, see below.
REGISTRATION OPENS FEBRUARY 1, 2024! PAYMENT can be made through credit card and e-transfer. Thanks to our generous donors and supporters, camperships will be available to help kids and youth get to camp, whatever their financial circumstances.
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING CAMP (ages 14-17) July 1-5 (Cost: Tier 1 $360; Tier 2 $275) Capacity: 30 campers.
Counsellors-in-Training (CITs) are MacKenzie’s junior leaders. This mandatory training week is a chance to develop leadership skills, plan activities, and learn the basics for working at MacKenzie (including climbing wall certification) while enjoying everything that camp has to offer. At the end of the week, all campers are interviewed and their skills assessed. Depending on availability and camp needs, they may be asked to volunteer in the summer in return for an honorarium. Check-in 9 am on July 1, departure 2-3 pm on July 5.
- INTERMEDIATE CAMP (ages 10-13) July 8-12 (Cost: Tier 1 $450; Tier 2 $360) Capacity: 30 campers.
What a great way to start off the summer: good time, good friends, and good food. Leave the apps at home – you won’t be needing them! Instead, there’s canoeing, climbing wall, the low ropes challenge, swimming, plus crafts, field games, and hikes. Check-in 2 pm on July 8, departure 2-3 pm on July 12.
- JUNIOR-INTERMEDIATE CAMP 1 (ages 7-13) July 15-19 (Cost: Tier 1 $450; Tier 2 $360) Capacity: 30 campers.
This is a camp that younger and older siblings and friends can attend. Together they can swim, canoe, play wild and crazy games, as well as hike, sing, and use our archery, low ropes, and climbing wall equipment. Check-in 2 pm on July 15, departure 2-3 pm on July 19.
- JUNIOR-INTERMEDIATE CAMP 2 (ages 7-13) July 22-26 (Cost: Tier 1 $450; Tier 2 $360) Capacity: 18 campers.
What’s this camp about? Having a great time, eating great food, and making new friends – with all the fresh air in the world! Check-in 2 pm on July 22, departure 2-3 pm on July 26.
- FLY FISHING CAMP (ages 7-13) July 22-July 26 (Cost: Tier 1 $470; Tier 2 $380) Capacity: 12 campers
With ardent angler Hati Mvundura learn the where’s, why’s, and how’s of fly fishing. Learn to think like a fish, cast a line – and get plenty of hands-on practice. Campers are welcome to bring their own rod and reel. We have some, if you don’t! Check-in 2 pm on July 22, departure 2-3 pm on July 26.
- JUNIOR-INTERMEDIATE CAMP 3 (ages 7-13) July 29-August 2 (Cost: Tier 1 $450; Tier 2 $360) Capacity: 18 campers.
Lots of fun here – swimming, canoeing, wide games, and crafts, not to mention the climbing wall and our gaga pit. Add to that great camp food and whacky campfire singalongs! Check-in 2 pm on July 29, departure 2-3 pm on August 2.
- PERFORMING & VISUAL ARTS CAMP (PAVA) (ages 7-13) July 29-August 2 (Cost: Tier 1 $470; Tier 2 $380) Capacity: 12 campers.
This year we are expanding on our previous “Art Camp.” The “Performance and Visual Arts Camp” (PAVA) will allow campers to explore even more artistic realms, like theatre performance, music, visual art/design, and even writing! Campers will separate into cohorts working on small projects, play classic drama games, while also collaborating to devise a big production for the end of the week. Check-in 2 pm on July 29, departure 2-3 pm August 2.
- JUNIOR-INTERMEDIATE CAMP 4 (ages 7-13) August 6-9 (Cost: Tier 1 $360; Tier 2 $275) Capacity: 43 campers.
Good times await you at this camp! MacKenzie’s fabulous summer staff will lead you in plenty of adventures, in the water, on the water, into the woods, and around the field. This is a great opportunity for kids new to camping, who like having an older sibling to show them the ropes. Check-in 2 pm on August 6, departure 2-3 pm on August 9.
- TEEN CAMP (ages 13-16) August 12-16 (Cost: Tier 1 $450; Tier 2 $360) Capacity: 43 campers.
A great week of night games, theme days, and fun activities only offered to our oldest campers. Weather permitting, there’s even an overnight canoe trip on Mabel Lake.
Follow us on social media to stay updated!